Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Are you kidding me?

Why is it that people only notice the bad weather in their lives? You understand? What do you suppose is the ratio of folks going around complaining on a daily basis compared to those going around happily and joyful? Who knows, maybe it is equal, but I think we tend to notice the negativity more.

So that is what has brought me back to this blog today. I make no excuses for starting a blog and then not posting for ages. I am busy with life, I have a full-time job, I am the Board President of a non-profit organization in my spare time, I have a girlfriend, a dog, a house I am buying to fix up, I like to take up time cooking meals rather than buying them, I like to lay in bed and read sci-fi ---- point being, time is precious and short, and blogging sometimes seems pretentious or otherwise pointless in relation to what I could be doing with my time.

But today I (along with U.) was verbally assaulted on James St in Syracuse, right on the 400 Block as we were riding past the EconoLodge, the Snowdon and the gas station on the Corner. And something ugly like this I notice and it makes me want to write. Turns out that a car of people couldn't be patient over the course of one half of a city block because they just had to get into the Sunoco parking lot 10 seconds sooner. I don't know, maybe they were afraid someone was going to buy the last ice cream sandwich before they got there.

So long blasts on the horn were followed by yelling out the window at me for being inconsiderate or something to that effect, yes, the effect was harsher believe me. I think they said they were gonna call my momma or something. Oh yeah, and here's the kicker, I got threatened that I was "In the 'Hood!" Honey, that's my 'Hood, you just don't know it yet. Get out of your car and soak up some of this beautiful November weather, and get a life.

Now that I got that out, I can be happy again, enjoy the day Syracuse, it's a beautiful world if you're willing to take some time and see it.

1 comment:

Ula said...

Actually, they had three cutey little pumpkins in the back seat, whose little sponge brains soak that hate up on a daily basis.