Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Thursday and Friday of Non-Walking


So it's a bummer when work demands my use of a car. I guess it doesn't demand it, but I have not taken the time to figure out the most efficient way otherwise to transport display materials over distances without my car. Thursday night was the Northside Business Reception at St. Joe's hospitals beautiful waterfall conference room. (Dang, I didn't get a pic of that, but I did of my Green Energy Aware program display).

And that display is what I'm talking about here. I need to carry the big display board, two boxes of materials for distribution, and the laptop set-up. I guess a bike trailer could work, but I don't have one as of now, and it would have to be pretty weatherproof against the rain and snow.

Then Friday, I set up at the SBDC Survive and Thrive session at Onondaga Community College. I guess I could take the bus and lug all this stuff onto the bus with me, but I haven't rode the public buses here in Syracuse before, so I would need to familiarize myself with the routes/system and get myself acclimated to the experience.

So in both cases I used my car. At least I get paid mileage for going to OCC!

No comments: